Steiva is a natural sugar substitute and we make lots of mistake during cultivation. Here are some advices on Stevia cultivation.
- If you trim the crop every 40 days in the first year, the leaf generated from this will be useless for commercial purposes. Because it takes 90-100 days for the sweet molecules to synthesise in the leaf.
- If you do a premature cutting in 40 days. The sweet molecules will be less very less in quantity.
- Pruning is recommended (i.e. trimming the top of all plants) because that will stimulate the growth of more tillers
- Giving good biomass yield
- Over pruning though is again counterproductive because it will stunt the growth of the plant in height
- So the best approach is to prune the crop within 30 days of plantation and then again on day 45.
- After that leave the crop to grow on its own.
- First harvest should be taken 4.5-6 months from plantation date.
- And after that depending upon the climatic factors of the region you are growing it in. You may get 3-4 harvests a year.
- On an average expect 3 harvests a year after the first harvest which might take upto 6 months.
Using yellow mustard in the food not only gives you taste, but also provide many health benefits. Yellow mustard contains carbohydrate, dietary fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, iron and calcium as well as many nutrients that help the body fight bacteria and germs. Apart from this, there is also phosphorus and zinc which helps to destroy the body’s toxic substances. Other nutrients found in yellow mustard protects the body from infections and various diseases.
Let’s know about the health benefits of yellow mustard.
Metabolism and accelerates the digestive process
Yellow mustard helps to improve the digestive system of the body. By consuming it, the production of saliva can increase up to 8 times. It actually helps to increase the metabolism and digestion process of food. In addition, yellow mustard contains anti-fungal and antiseptic substances that help in strengthening the body’s immune system.
Relieving muscle spasms
You can use yellow mustard for quick relief from any kind of muscle cramps, whether it is a back or shoulder. It stimulates the nerves. Yellow mustard is also a good source of potassium and calcium, which is an essential nutrient to maintain strong bones, joints and muscles. (Also read: What do your eyes say about your health)
Improves body immunity
There is a risk of infection due to viruses and bacteria that can harm the body. Yellow mustard contains nutrients such as manganese, iron, magnesium, and selenium. These nutrients help to balance blood pressure and helps to increase immunity.
For problems related to stomach
It is believed that eating a tablespoon of yellow mustard seed with water can help stomach disorders such as constipation and diarrhoea. Moreover, it is a good source of fibre which is healthy for our digestive system and keeps stomach problems at bay.
Reduces breath odour
Yellow mustard is a natural substance that reduces breath odour. Aroma in it removes odour and also helps to relax the breath. (Also read: Which foods increases the blood volume in the body rapidly)